Location: Remote, USA (Based in CA or CO a plus)
Reports To: VP, Digital Strategy
Employment Type: Direct hire, Full-time (Potential 1099 – Contract to hire)
Seniority: Mid–Senior level
At SequoiaCX, we craft digital experiences and strategies that help SaaS, MedTech, and B2B organizations grow—through meaningful customer relationships at scale.
We’re looking for a talented and driven HubSpot/WordPress Website Developer (Remote) to help us deliver beautiful and engaging digital experiences for our clients and internal projects.
We are not your typical agency. We are a growth agency that focuses on Customer Experience (CX)—offering a range of Inbound and digital marketing services as well as strategic consulting to our clients. We build lasting relationships with our clients and focus on delivering long-term results.
While we are a new agency—our rapid growth is due to our inclusive, agile, creative, and fun-loving approach. We love what we do and it shows in our culture and our work.
Daily Activities & Areas For Growth
- Responsible for the success of SequoiaCX’s web projects for clients as well as internal initiatives.
- Load and style templates into the HubSpot platform and restyling to meet project design needs.
- Responsible for collaborating and working with designers, UX/UI specialists, project managers, QA, and marketing personnel to ensure on-time delivery and project quality.
- Projects mostly built on HubSpot CMS, but other CMS/platforms may be used as well—such as WordPress, Shopify, Contentful, Squarespace, or Webflow.
- Involved in new website builds as well as website redesign projects.
- Improve HubSpot knowledge through virtual training, certification programs, and “time behind the wheel.”
- Comfortable working with debug and developer tools and testing across a variety of browsers and devices.
- Helping manage and optimize existing websites for HubSpot and WordPress hosting clients.
- Developing custom themes and modules for HubSpot CMS (Nice To Have)
- Other typical efforts may include gathering requirements, low-fidelity wireframing, documenting development efforts, internal testing, user testing, launch support, etc.
Qualifications (Who You Are):
- You’re a self-starter, knowledge-seeker, and have a deep desire to continuously improve
- Must have a strong attention-to-detail for code quality, design, and communications to company standards
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to provide realistic estimates for work and delivery timelines
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship required
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 2–3 years experience minimum developing across a variety of multiple CMS/platforms required. Experience with HubSpot CMS strongly preferred
- Experience with HubSpot CRM strongly preferred
- Experience managing HubSpot and Salesforce integration preferred
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (preferred) or Sketch for digital assets
- Experience with project management and bug tracking tools preferred.
- Experience with code versioning systems such as Git and SQL preferred.
- Technical SEO implementation experience preferred.
- Experience with animation or motion graphics a plus.
- Experience building and managing APIs a plus.
Don’t worry about imposter syndrome or the confidence gap. If you think working with us sounds exciting we would love to hear from you—so please don’t hesitate to apply. As a start-up, we are willing to forgo experience for the right fit and in return provide an environment to grow and impressive titles!
“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzsky
“If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate.” – Thomas J. Watson
Because we’re awesome and we have a sasquatch as our mascot. We’re also fully remote. We’re kind of tree-huggers—we love the outdoors and contributing to a sustainable and healthy environment. In fact, we donate a significant portion of our profits to environmental efforts.
Just because we think it’s the right thing to do. (And because more companies should—and they need a push)
Benefits & Additional Information:
- Location: 100% Remote
- All the equipment and tools you need to be successful
- Flexible working hours
- Small, tight knit and fast-growing team
- Learning and career growth opportunities
- Super flexible on PTO (though we are a small team with ambitious goals)
- PTO bonus incentive
- $2,500 dollar education allowance
- The ability to escape toxic corporate work culture
- Work with an organization that gives back
- We are a startup—but we are not firefighters. We are a team of experienced professionals taming the Wild West.
- Competitive salary and compensation package (DOE)
Culture & Values
We’re looking for other inspired “techno-environmentalists” to join in our cause.
We know it’s the people you work with that make a job memorable and fun—and we seek to surround ourselves with others who share our passions, drive, and integrity. We also believe that real, continuous progress requires open communication and calculated risk-taking. This demands a healthy and sustainable work environment.
Our core values include:
- Radical Transparency
Our Interview Process
We’re a small but fast-growing team that is excited to find the right person to join in our mission. To help us find a good fit we want to be transparent about how we’ll approach these interviews.
So, here it is:
- Apply with a resume and cover letter. Yes, we want a cover letter. (I promise we will read it.)
- Phone screening
- Video interview with VP, Digital Strategy
- Short code test
- Video interview with VP, Customer Experience
- Short development workshop
- Reference check
- Join the team
- Save the world
To apply, email us at [email protected].