Location: Remote, USA (Based in CA or CO a plus)
Reports To: VP, Customer Experience
Employment Type: Direct hire, Full-time
Seniority: Mid level
At SequoiaCX, we craft digital experiences and strategies that help SaaS, MedTech, and B2B organizations grow—through meaningful customer relationships at scale. We are looking for a talented and driven Associate Director of Sales (Remote) to help us connect and partner with innovative, purpose-driven, and adventurous companies that want to leverage digital solutions to grow.
We are not your typical agency. We are a growth agency that focuses on Customer Experience (CX)—offering a range of inbound, digital marketing, digital transformation, and strategic consulting. We focus on building lasting relationships with our clients and delivering long-term results.
While we are a new agency—our rapid growth is due to our inclusive, agile, creative, and fun-loving approach. We love what we do, and it shows in our culture and our work.
We Are Looking For Someone Who:
- Is passionate about transforming sales, service, and marketing and whose values align with our culture. – we are on a mission to help innovative, purpose-led, and adventurous SMBs grow better.
- Has high emotional intelligence – you have genuine empathy for others and maximize your impact by understanding your team’s motivations and adapting your communication accordingly.
- Is a positive change agent – you have a track record of leading and empowering groups towards driving improvement while navigating change and simultaneously winning. You create a culture of transparency and focused improvement while having fun and fostering a strong team environment.
- Commits to overachievement – you have a “never quit” attitude, and get buy-in to overachieve against targets regardless of the adversity being faced.
- Is data-driven – you leverage and can communicate using data to improve core KPIs.
- Has an understanding of agency work and business models.
- Has connections or experience in SaaS and or MedTech business environments.
- Has experience managing or being managed in a structured sales environment. These could include managing via a sales methodology, a forecast methodology, and structured deal management by the sales stage.
- Uses good judgment – especially when tasked with difficult decisions. You are a person who exudes good judgment in decision-making.
- Is accountable – you have honest, transparent, and authentic communications with your colleagues, regardless of personal ramifications.
- Wants to join a fast-paced start-up, is willing to blaze trails, and works in a semi-autonomous environment.
- You’re a self-starter, knowledge-seeker, and have a deep desire to improve continuously.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Engage business and community leaders to identify needs and determine intent
- Develop a social presence and brand
- Perform prospecting and outreach
- Follow up on Inbound and marketing qualified leads
- Manage the entire sales cycle (we supply tools, resources, and assistance closing)
- Hitting quarterly quotas
- Identifying resource needs
- 5 years of experience in B2B sales
- Successful track record in B2B sales from prospecting to close
- B.A. or B.S. degree preferred
- Experience leading a consultative/Inbound sales process
- Experience using CRM (We use HubSpot) to manage and forecast sales opportunities
- Agency experience is strongly preferred.
- Industry experience in MedTech and/or SaaS a plus
- Strong communication skills in written, verbal, and presentation forms
- Previous consulting experience a plus
- Prior experience as Apple CEO (preferred, not a hard requirement)
Don’t worry about imposter syndrome or the confidence gap. If you think working with us sounds exciting we would love to hear from you—so please don’t hesitate to apply. As a start-up, we are willing to forgo experience for the right fit and in return provide an environment to grow and impressive titles!
“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzsky
“If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate.” – Thomas J. Watson
Because we’re awesome, and we have a sasquatch as our mascot. We are also avid lovers of the outdoors and border on being tree-huggers. In fact, we donate a significant portion of our profits to environmental efforts. Just because we think it’s the right thing to do (and because more companies should.) We’re also fully remote.
We do things differently. We believe in agile environments in which autonomy and mastery are encouraged, and we are looking for teammates who want to make an impact.
Benefits & Additional Information:
- Location: 100% Remote
- Potential for occasional travel to meet key clients
- All the equipment and tools you need to be successful
- Flexible working hours
- Small, tight-knit and fast-growing team
- Learning and career growth opportunities
- Super flexible on PTO (though we are a small team with ambitious goals)
- Vacation Quota Relief (VQR) so you can take the time you earn
- $2,500 education allowance
- The ability to escape toxic corporate work culture
- Work with an organization that gives back
- We are a startup—but we are not firefighters. We are a team of experienced professionals taming the Wild West
- Salary & Compensation $100,000 to $130,000 OTE ($50,000 – $65,000 Base + Commission (Earnings Uncapped))
Culture & Values
We’re looking for other inspired “techno-environmentalists” to join in our cause.
We know it’s the people you work with that make a job memorable and fun—and we seek to surround ourselves with others who share our passions, drive, and integrity. We also believe that real, continuous progress requires open communication and calculated risk-taking. This demands a healthy and sustainable work environment.
Our core values include:
- Radical Transparency
For more information, visit us online at: https://sequoiacx.com/careers/
Our Interview Process
We’re a small but fast-growing team that is excited to find the right person to join in our mission. To help us find a good fit we want to be transparent about how we’ll approach these interviews.
So, here it is:
- Apply with a resume and cover letter. Yes, we want a cover letter. (I promise we will read it.)
- Phone screening
- Video interview with VP, Customer Experience
- Sales scenario workshop (identifying need, finding and engaging a contact, connect call role play)
- Group interview with leadership and sales scenario (leading an exploratory call)
- Reference check
- Join the team
- Save the world
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].